Monday, May 10, 2010

Sketch-A-Day 130


BpB with a little splash of color


We lost Frank Frazetta today. I'm sure he's okay with it, he's back with his wife (who was his whole world). He'd done it all- the only thing left would be to start painting with his feet...which he could probably do.

I will ALWAYS list Frank as one of my top influences (not that I have anything approaching his work or style even) but he ignited my imagination like no other. I would spend hours in the "quite room" at my library (when I was a kid) pawing through his art books. Copying, tracing, and just plain ogling his stuff to no end.

The bite of fantasy, folklore, and mythology that my stuff may have, comes from him and the material that his art inspired me to seek out.

I'll miss knowing that he's still out there.

No comments: