Wednesday, November 04, 2009

The Bulletproof Bug circa 1923


What first began as a love letter to an old Golden Age superhero in the form of an archetype tribute, has evolved into a character that I've REALLY grown fond of.

In an effort to still envoke the feelings of the classic BlueBeetle, IndianaJones, and thePhantom, alot of the visual cues are still the same as they've always been (with slight tweaks here and there). I ended up changing the name again, to move him a little further away from the source material that inspired it. I don't want anyone to think that I'm naive enough to believe this guy is wholey original, but I do want him to stand out like a viable archetype character similar to the respect that Omni-Man and TomStrong receive.

This is his short-lived look before he gets his real superhero duds on after he returns to Major City. His adventures abroad had groomed him into a rough & tumble fighter, bringing justice to the streets.

No comments: